Monday, March 22, 2010

Well, now that it's been a good...15 hours or so:

iBear is still of the same four minds. Yes, there are millions of Americans living without health insurance...believe me, I know. But I still haven't heard even the slightest suggestion of how we're going to pay for it. And my outrage at the concept of forcing everyone to buy health insurance has actually grown worse overnight. Though I understand that several states are already filing challenges to the bill, and Virginia in particular is claiming that it violates a state law that prevents any citizen from being forced to buy health insurance.

http://www.appomattoxnews.com/2010/virginia-first-state-to-pass-health-care-freedom-act.html

However my disgust at the shockingly-underhanded tactics used by the Democratic Party have simmered down to a kind of cynical disdain. I knew that 'Change We Can Believe In' was just a slogan, but I must admit I didn't expect the idea to be abandoned quite so quickly. We're right back to business as usual for Washington: the Left doesn't care about the Right anymore than the Right cared about the Left a few years ago. We were promised bipartisanship, transparency, and an end to back-room kickback incentives. You're 0-for-3 in those stats, Dems.

No comments: