Sunday, March 21, 2010

iBear is of two minds.

Well...more like four minds.

I like the idea of universal health care. 'Everybody gets medical care' is a great concept, and I feel it's actually overdue in our country.

But I don't know how we're going to pay for it...and it seems to me that this point was sorely overlooked during the process. Nationwide, governmental health care will be staggeringly expensive, and we have no plan in place to pay for it.

In addition, I really dislike the 'loopholing' techniques that the Democratic Party used to push this through. They have effectively announced their apathy toward public opinion, as well as their total disdain for their Republican counterparts, and I am disgusted by the direct implication that 'bipartisanship is for when you don't have enough votes from one side.'

Finally, I find it alarming that every American is now required by LAW to carry personal health insurance, and that failure to do so is punishable by extra taxes. I consider that a flagrant violation of our constitutionally-mandated personal liberties, and hope that somebody is reading this and will pass that word along.

In short, I like the idea of universal health care, but dislike the baggage coming with it...

No comments: